Looking for: Senior Software Developer (m/f/d) – starting immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every day we inhale and exhale around 20.000 times, while our air becomes more and more polluted. Air pollution kills more than 7 million people per year. Yet, we are missing crucial data to develop strategies how to curb emissions. We at Breeze Technologies fight every day to create more sustainable cities for a cleaner tomorrow.
Breeze Technologies is a leading startup in the field of air quality sensors, air quality data and clean air action analytics. We support cities, businesses and NGOs to monitor hyperlocal air quality and design more efficient clean air action plans with Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things.
Our startup develops its own hardware – our air quality sensors – and software – our Environmental Intelligence Cloud – at our headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. Both enable our customers to generate local air quality insights and create a healthier environment.
Breeze was founded in 2015 and has since scaled to a customer base in 9 countries as well as international partnerships, for instance with Microsoft and the US Homeland Security. Our work has received numerous international awards, including the “Hamburger Gründerpreis” (Hamburg Founders Award) and a commendation by the German Federal President.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to start immediately. You will be in charge of leading the software development at Breeze Technologies and making architectural and technological decisions based on customer and partner needs, while also implementing new features yourself. You will be supported by a team of working students and freelancers that will grow to include additional developers. You will also work closely with our technology partners, such as Microsoft’s partner success team, to continuously improve our cloud applications.
Ideally, you are a full-stack developer with a particular focus on backend development and data processing. Ideally, you have 3+ years of full-time experience as a full-stack developer.
You are comfortable in business English. The command of the German language is a plus.
You will be working with our existing technology stack:
- Back end: NodeJS, Python (including Machine Learning with Jupyter Notebook)
- Front end: ReactJS, TypeScript
- Source control management: Bitbucket
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB
- Cloud: Microsoft Azure (Serverless/Azure Functions, other components)
- Take a leadership role in the software development department following agile methods
- Familiarize yourself with Breeze Technologies’ cloud architecture and application landscape and further our development activities
- Development and improvement of our applications and cloud infrastructure
- Working with the rest of our team to continuously extend the capabilities of our solutions
- Collaboration with our technology partners on projects
- Develop and deploy major new product features that support our customers in better understanding the air quality in their environments
- Intensify the relationship to our technology partners and are actively working with them to furthering our mission
- Achieve major productivity gains for the whole team with new project and process support tools
- Onboard additional developers and ensuring that we stay at the forefront of technological development in air quality monitoring and management
WHAT WE OFFER
- Have a measurable positive impact on our environment, people’s health and the planet
- Work on a great product in one of the most innovative startups in Hamburg
- Be part of a dynamic and tightly-knit team of 15 people where you can really see the effects of your contribution
- A flexible work schedule (currently with heavily encouraged remote work due to the ongoing pandemic)
- Opportunities to learn new skills and technologies through workshops, seminars and events
- Mentoring from senior experts from our technology partners
N.B. Applications may be submitted in German or English.