Code with purpose: Junior Software Engineer (m/f/d) – starting immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every day we inhale and exhale around 20.000 times, while our air becomes more and more polluted. Air pollution kills more than 7 million people per year. Yet, we are missing crucial data to develop strategies how to curb emissions. We at Breeze Technologies fight every day to create more sustainable cities for a cleaner tomorrow.
Breeze Technologies is a leading startup in the field of air quality sensors, air quality data and clean air action analytics. We support cities, businesses and NGOs to monitor hyperlocal air quality and design more efficient clean air action plans with Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things.
Our startup develops its own hardware – our air quality sensors – and software – our Environmental Intelligence Cloud – at our headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. Both enable our customers to generate local air quality insights and create a healthier environment.
Breeze was founded in 2015 and has since scaled to a customer base in 9 countries as well as international partnerships, for instance with Microsoft and the US Homeland Security. Our work has received numerous international awards, including the “Hamburger Gründerpreis” (Hamburg Founders Award) and a commendation by the German Federal President.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to start immediately. You will be working with the rest of our software engineering team to develop new tools and solutions for our customers and partners to monitor and improve air quality in our cities!
You will also work closely with our technology partners, such as Microsoft’s partner success team, to continuously improve our cloud applications.
Ideally, you are a full-stack developer with a particular focus on either frontend or backend development and data processing. Ideally, you have previous professional experience as a full-stack developer, for instance from internships or working student experiences.
You are comfortable in business English. The command of the German language is a plus.
You will be working with our existing technology stack:
- Back end: NodeJS, Python (including Machine Learning with Jupyter Notebook)
- Front end: ReactJS, TypeScript
- Source control management: Bitbucket
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB
- Cloud: Microsoft Azure (Serverless/Azure Functions, other components)
- Develop new tools and features together with the rest of our software team, following agile software development methods
- Ensure proper software documentation and test coverage
- Monitor and manage our cloud applications through Microsoft Azure’s tools
- Development and improvement of our applications and cloud infrastructure
- Working with the rest of our team to continuously extend the capabilities of our solutions
- Collaboration with our technology partners on projects
- Develop and deploy major new product features that support our customers in better understanding the air quality in their environments
- Intensify the relationship to our technology partners and are actively working with them to furthering our mission
- Achieve major productivity gains for the whole team with new project and process support tools
WHAT WE OFFER
- Have a measurable positive impact on our environment, people’s health and the planet
- Work on a great product in one of the most innovative startups in Hamburg
- Be part of a dynamic and tightly-knit team of 15+ people where you can really see the effects of your contribution
- A flexible work schedule
- Flexibility in your location; while our senior team is based in Hamburg, juniors can be based anywhere in Germany
- Opportunities to learn new skills and technologies through workshops, seminars and events
- Mentoring from senior experts from our technology partners
N.B. Applications may be submitted in German or English.