Hardware Engineer (m/f/d) at Breeze Technologies
WHO WE ARE
Every day we inhale and exhale around 20.000 times, while our air becomes more and more polluted. Air pollution kills more than 7 million people per year. Yet, we are missing crucial data to develop strategies how to curb emissions. We at Breeze Technologies fight every day to create more sustainable cities for a cleaner tomorrow.
Breeze Technologies is a leading startup in the field of air quality sensors, air quality data and clean air action analytics. We support cities, businesses and NGOs to monitor hyperlocal air quality and design more efficient clean air action plans with Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things.
Our startup develops its own hardware – our air quality sensors – and software – our Environmental Intelligence Cloud – at our headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. Both enable our customers to generate local air quality insights and create a healthier environment.
Breeze was founded in 2015 and has since scaled to a customer base in 9 countries as well as international partnerships, for instance with Microsoft and the US Homeland Security. Our work has received numerous international awards, including the “Hamburger Gründerpreis” (Hamburg Founders Award) and a commendation by the German Federal President.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Hardware Engineer to start immediately. You will be working with our R&D team to further develop our air quality sensors and related hardware, test them, establish quality assurance processes and work with our customer success to diagnose and resolve issues.
You have relevant experience in designing PCBs, as well as in microcontroller programming.
Ideally, you have experience in designing for production, as well as designing resilient and robust industrial electronics.
Knowledge of overall systems design, including case design and modelling, is a plus.
You are comfortable in business English. The command of the German language is a plus.
To sum up, we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering or similar qualification
- Relevant job experience in designing electronics
- Experience with industry tools (e.g. Eagle, Autodesk Suite)
- Experience micro-controller development (e.g. Arduino, ESP8266, Raspberry)
- Optional: experience in designing for scale, case design, overall systems design
- High self-sufficiency, proactive working methods
- Working proficiency in English; optional: German
- Design PCBs and write code for the respective microcontrollers
- Agile prototyping and testing of sensor solutions together with our R&D team
- Develop and improve our air quality sensors and associated components
- Further develop our documentation (internal & external)
- Investigate and resolve issues with our customer success team
- Standardize and adapt our hardware for pre-series and series production
WHAT WE OFFER
- Have a measurable positive impact on our environment, people’s health and the planet
- Work on a great product in one of the most innovative startups in Hamburg
- Be part of a dynamic and tightly-knit team of 15+ people where you can really see the effects of your contribution
- A flexible work schedule
- Opportunities to learn new skills and technologies through workshops, seminars and events
- Mentoring from senior experts from our technology partners
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR APPLICATION
For more information contact Sogol Kordi, our HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us your email application to email@example.com.
Applications may be submitted in English or German