WHO WE ARE
Every day we inhale and exhale around 20.000 times, while our air becomes more and more polluted. Air pollution kills more than 7 million people per year. Yet, we are missing crucial data to develop strategies how to curb emissions. We at Breeze Technologies fight every day to create more sustainable cities for a cleaner tomorrow.
Breeze Technologies is a leading startup in the field of air quality sensors, air quality data and clean air action analytics. We support cities, businesses and NGOs to monitor hyperlocal air quality and design more efficient clean air action plans with Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things.
Our startup develops its own hardware – our air quality sensors – and software – our Environmental Intelligence Cloud – at our headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. Both enable our customers to generate local air quality insights and create a healthier environment.
Breeze was founded in 2015 and has since scaled to a customer base in 9 countries as well as international partnerships, for instance with Microsoft and the US Homeland Security. Our work has received numerous international awards, including the “Hamburger Gründerpreis” (Hamburg Founders Award) and a commendation by the German Federal President.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Hardware Lead to extend our development team. You will be in charge of leading the hardware development at Breeze Technologies and making architectural and technological decisions based on customer and partner needs, while also implementing new features yourself. You will be supported by a team of working students that will grow to include additional staff in the future. You will also work closely with our technology and production partners to continuously improve our hardware and solutions.
- You are a hardware engineer that is both comfortable with electronics (PCB) design, as well as embedded systems development and programming.
- You have experience with industry-standard tools (e.g. Eagle) and in working with microcontrollers (e.g. Arduino, ESP12/ESP32).
- You are proficient in development with C/C++.
- You have worked on hardware devices from conception to market-readiness before.
- You ideally have work experience in a startup environment.
- You have a degree in electronic engineering or similar qualification.
- You are comfortable in business English. The command of the German language is a plus.
- Agile prototyping and testing of sensor solutions
- Development and improvement of our hardware products
- Development documentation and quality assurance
- Hardware standardisation for pre-series and series production
- Integrated micro-controller development
- Technical support for our customer success management
- Management and planning of the production process
- You will work closely together with our software and science team
- Continuously benchmark and increase the reliably of our hardware solutions
- Develop and integrate new functionality and features based on market demand
- Work with our science and software teams to continuously increase the measurement accuracy of our sensors
- Intensify the relationship to our technology partners and are actively working with them to furthering our mission
- Work with production partners and suppliers to ensure a working supply chain and production pipeline
- Onboard additional developers and ensuring that we stay at the forefront of technological development in air quality monitoring and management
WHAT WE OFFER
- Have a measurable positive impact on our environment, people’s health and the planet
- Work on a great product in one of the most innovative startups in Hamburg
- Be part of a dynamic and tightly-knit team of 15 people where you can really see the effects of your contribution
- A flexible work schedule (currently with heavily encouraged remote work due to the ongoing pandemic)
- Opportunities to learn new skills and technologies through workshops, seminars and events
- Mentoring from senior experts from our technology partners
N.B. Applications may be submitted in English or German.