WHO WE ARE
Every day we inhale and exhale around 20.000 times, while our air becomes more and more polluted. Air pollution kills more than 7 million people per year. Yet, we are missing crucial data to develop strategies how to curb emissions. We at Breeze Technologies fight every day to create more sustainable cities for a cleaner tomorrow.
Breeze Technologies is a leading startup in the field of air quality sensors, air quality data and clean air action analytics. We support cities, businesses and NGOs to monitor hyperlocal air quality and design more efficient clean air action plans with Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things.
Our startup develops its own hardware – our air quality sensors – and software – our Environmental Intelligence Cloud – at our headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. Both enable our customers to generate local air quality insights and create a healthier environment.
Breeze was founded in 2015 and has since scaled to a customer base in 9 countries as well as international partnerships, for instance with Microsoft and the US Homeland Security. Our work has received numerous international awards, including the “Hamburger Gründerpreis” (Hamburg Founders Award) and a commendation by the German Federal President.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an Marketing & Community Manager that is available to start in the next few months: It will be your responsibility that the world knows about us and what we are trying to achieve. You will be working tightly with the rest of our team.
As part of our business team you are responsible how we are perceived by customers, partners, potential employees and the general public. You will be very important to the success of our company and make sure that our brand shines brightly.
- You already have professional experience in marketing and communications
- You are experienced in copywriting and familiar with design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator (or equivalents)
- You are a fantastic communicator
- You have an eye for details and want everything to be pixel-perfect
- You care about our environment and want to contribute towards a healthier tomorrow
- You work great in a team and can keep on top of changing projects and topics
- You speak German and English fluently
Marketing and Communications
- Maintain, update and extend Breeze Technologies’ website and social media channels
- Plan and extend Breeze Technologies’ air quality knowledge base
- Build and foster relationships with reporters and influences in our field
- Plan, manage and implement our online marketing activities
- You provide snippets to our supporters to disseminate on their channels
- Work with customers to create reference stories and cases
- Create and update marketing collaterals like presentations, infographics, flyers and roll-ups
- Continue to develop and grow the Breeze Technologies brand
- You represent Breeze at events online as well as offline
- Keep our friends and partners up to date about new developments through newsletters and direct contact
- Keep our volunteering sensor hosts happy
- Plan and host community events
Your responsibilities are going to evolve over time with the growth of Breeze Technologies as a successful social impact startup.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Have a measurable positive impact on our environment, people’s health and the planet
- Work on a great product in one of the most innovative startups in Hamburg
- Be part of a dynamic and tightly-knit team of round about 15 people where you can really see the effects of your contribution
- A flexible work schedule (currently with encouraged remote work due to the ongoing pandemic)
- Opportunities to learn new skills and technologies through workshops, seminars and events
- Mentoring from senior experts from industry partners and a lot of personal development opportunities
N.B. Applications may be submitted in English or German.